Apartments vacations Acquapiper     Residence Acquapiper     House Acquapiper vacations

Residence Acquapiper
House  Residence  Vacations  Apartments
Residence Acquapiper


Residence Acquapiper

Saracinesco gets its name from a group of Saracens (Arabs) that settled down in the area in 800 AD. These Saracens were considered a disaster by the Pope and Christian principles for their raids. They had arrived in the Latium with this in mind, never succeeded, to sack Rome. Failing in the poor enterprise they gave fire to Tivoli and Vicovaro, more vulnerable territorial, and refuged to Saracens.
In 915 they were defeated by the allied troops of Pope John X and Dukes of Gaeta, Naples and Spoleto. In the XI century Saracens was Christianized and became wholly owned by the Sacro Speco. In the twelfth century. Passed to the Lords of Poli. The descendants of the Saracens, however, the fortress built in the same century. During the Middle Ages the country belonged to the family of the Orsini. The origins of Arab Saracens can be seen from the typical oriental features in the buildings and the somatic alignments of the inhabitants (high stature, blacks eyes, olive skin). The inhabitants of Saracens were known for their beauty that artists chose them as models for their works.

Saracinesco perched on a rocky outcrop above the Aniene river valley. On Ruffi Mounts we find testimonies of the Palaeolithic age and rests of the cyclonite wall in locality Croce, which can be visited through a very interesting historical itinerary. The term “Ruffi” derives from roman surname “RUFUS” which belonged to local tribes. Findings of the remains claddings limestone that probably were the fortifications in Roman time 1 B.C, beautiful roman villas collegated the roman acquaduct Anio Novus.

On the Ruffi mounts they are present several species of protected animals: the wolf, the hedgehog, the fox, the squirrel, the vixen, the rate and porcupine. It is not hard to spot the golden eagle, the hawk and the kestrel, owls and the night owl.

The undergrowth is full of beautiful blooms: anemones, primroses, and as well as orchids and daffodils. Among the wide variety of trees we have chestnuts, oaks, and hazels.
At Saracinesco there is an interesting open air museum consists of seven instruments for measuring time throughout various characteristic angles of the town. Between a path here and there you will be spectator of an equatorial sundial, a pastoral sundial, a horizontal meridian, a meridian to the vertical meridian, Lambert Sundial, the most interesting , a reproduction of the famous globe Matelica. And a round sundial, from Roman times, the diameter of about 30 centimeters realized in the second century. D.C. by scholars from Greece and discovered in 1985 around Matelica (Marche). Through a series of concentric incisions is possible to determine the time and its fractions with a gap of just 10 minutes as well as data on the day, month, season and astrological sign. A similar specimen was found in Greece around 1939 ne Mycenae.
Worthy of note is the church of San Michele Arcangelo century. XIII at the entrance to the wooden statue of the Virgin always sec. XIII.
From Saracinesco you can take nice walks and hikes on Mount Macchia e Costatole.

With its 1135 meters height overlooking the town. Easy walking routes through the forests of oaks and beeches. From the top you can admire a beautiful view of mountains and Mount Predestini and Mount Guadagnalo. The route is guided by signaling red-white-red. Time 1H and approximately 30M.

Easy walking routes through the forests of oaks and beeches. Guarantees a splendid view of the Piana del Cavaliere, Mount Velino and the Gran Sasso.
The route is guided by signaling red-white-red. Time 2H and approximately 45M
There are many historical sites to visit around Saracinesco if you exclude that Rome is just 50 Km away. Among the religious sites are mentioned:
  • the Santuario of Quintiliolo In which is stored a painting on wood of the thirteenth century, depicting the Madonna that attributes miracles;
  • the Santuario of Vallepietra Located on the mountain at 1337 meters, place of pilgrimage for the presence of an icon of Sts. Trinity, clearly Byzantine age, found in a cave near the Shrine. In the sanctuary there are frescoes and paintings of the twelfth century;
  • the Santuario of Mentorella dedicated to Santa Maria in which there is a wooden statue with the child. Built in the fourth century. DC by Emperor Constantine, seems to be the oldest shrine in Italy. In the cave near the church S. Benedict of Nursia he lived for two years;
  • the Monastero of St. Scolastica and Sacro Speco at Subiaco, where St. Benedict of Nursia lived at the end of the fifth century and where he wrote his "REGULA". Subiaco has Roman origins testified by archaeological finds such as the statue of Efebo and the imposing ruins of Nero's villa was completed in 60 AD In the town is also the fortress abbey and several old churches. Here on Mount Livata, is located the only ski resort on the outskirts of Rome;
Tivoli, with its history immemorial, has two jewelry: Villa Adriana and Villa D'Este. The first stands on land of 120 hectares as a retreat from Rome for Roman Emperor Hadrian in the early 2nd century from 118 to 133 AD. Surrounded with fountains thermals and pools.
Villa d’Este was built in 1550 and was commissioned by Cardinal Ippolito d'Este. Known for its beautiful fountains and water jets. The villa is located in a valley called the valley "jolly" in the first phase as a transformation of existing Franciscan monastery, was later enlarged and water pipes were installed to ensure that water from Aniene could supply the many fountains (50 fountains, 250 jets, 60 pools of water, 255 waterfalls, 20 exedra and 3500 sqm of gardens).
The Sulphurous spa water at constant temperature of 23 ° C offers swimming pools and facilities like mud treatments, baths, aerosols, inhalations, irrigations and tested by whirlpools and medical benefits.
Acquapiper the big amusement park with pools and water slides with special effects is at Guidonia.